This post by Bill Sims
A recently released IRS study concluded that small businesses often over report deductions and underreport income. In many cases this is a result of the complexity of the tax code and lack of knowledge.
That’s where the new IRS e-News for Small Businesses comes in.
IRS e-News for Small Businesses offers small businesses and the self-employed a real time-saver. e-News is a bi-weekly newsletter that alerts them to what’s new, hot and important for small business owners to know. It’s quick to read, easy to subscribe – and it’s free.
e-News for Small Businesses is the IRS’s e-newsletter for businesses with specialized content consisting of:
- Important upcoming tax dates for small businesses
- What’s new for small businesses on IRS.gov
- Reminders and tips to assist small businesses with tax compliance
- IRS news releases and special IRS announcements
- Direct links to a variety of Web sites and resources
- Availability of IRS products, services, and training opportunities
Businesspeople may also want to take a look at other IRS e-newsletters: